Application documents and criteria
1. Application form (Appendix No. 1). The application form must be completed in Bulgarian or English on computer and signed by the applicant on every page.
2. Diploma of completion of higher education, incl. diploma supplement.
3. Official document with the grading system description (in case of no grading scale is enclosed to the Higher Education Diploma).
4. Medical Certificate that is issued by an accredited authority from the applicant’s country no earlier than one month prior to submitting the application documents to the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics.
5. European Diploma Supplement, if any.
6. Copy of passport or ID card. Applicants with dual citizenship should also provide copies of their Bulgarian ID card or passport. In case there is a difference between the names on the two ID cards or passports, the applicant must also provide a notary certified declaration of identity (or, alternatively, a certificate issued by the respective municipal authorities) stating that the different names belong to one and the same person.
7. Four (4) photos passport format.
8. Certificate of Bulgarian language command issued by a higher education institution in Bulgaria (for applicants who apply for Bulgarian-taught programmes and who haven’t passed a language and specialized preparatory course).
Documents specified in points 2, 3, and 4 must be officially translated into Bulgarian and legalised in accordance with the provisions contained in the intergovernmental agreements between the Republic of Bulgaria and the country in which these documents were issued. If such agreements do not exist, the documents must be validated, translated and legalised according to the standard procedure for legalisation of official papers. For more information, see “Legalisation and certification”.
The admission of non-EU citizens is based on the applicant’s documents.
For applicants who apply for English-taught programmes, minimum level B2 according to CEFR standard is required.