In a compliance with the Bulgarian Law on higher education, The Institute for Scientific Research is a basic unit in the structure of the "D. A. Tsenov" Academy of Economics Svishtov. The Institute was founded by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria's Decree No. 333 on 2 December 2016.
The Institute for Scientific Research’s mission is to encourage the research activity, creativity, entrepreneurship and innovativeness of academic staff, researchers, PhD students and students for creating quality scientific products and innovations and their implementation to the study process and integration into business.
The Institute’s main objectives:
- to conduct fundamental and applied scientific research in a compliance with the leading scientific trends and priorities in the world science development;
- to administer research activities within the Academy;
- to ensure conditions for transferring scientific research results to business in a compliance with the scientific profile of the Academy and its position in the European and national research area.
The Institute for Scientific Research has a fundamental role in generating and spreading the scientific research results of The D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics' academic staff. It makes contacts with business structures, government and local administration representatives and other national and international research structures in order to establish partnerships for implementing joint projects and initiatives.
The Institute for Scientific Research provides research, expert and consultancy activities on projects and programs of regional, national and international importance in the area of economy and administration and management.
In the context of increasing research activity within the Academy of Economics, improving interinstitutional cooperation and stimulating the scientific excellence integration in business, the Institute administers the process of organizing, conducting concourses and reporting the results of scientific research projects funded by the state budget.
The research infrastructure of D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics includes the Institute for Scientific Research, scientific research laboratories, centres and temporary scientific research teams as follows:
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship research centre;
- Centre for technology transfer;
- Doctoral students research laboratory of World Economy and International Economic Relations;
- Doctoral and Master students school of Finance and scientific research;
- Banking research laboratory;
- Virtual laboratory for scientific and practical research in control;
- Financial sciences laboratory for specialized studies and training.