1. Application form (Appendix No. 1). The application form must be completed in Bulgarian or English on computer and signed by the applicant on every page.
2. Diploma of completion of secondary education, incl. diploma supplement.
3. Official document with the grading system description (in case of no grading scale is enclosed to the Secondary School Diploma).
4. Official document issued by an accredited authority certifying the applicant’s right to pursue their studies at higher education institutions in the country where the secondary education was obtained (Appendix No. 2). The document might be issued by the secondary school the applicant graduated from. It must contain the following text: “The education received gives the applicant the right to continue his/her studies in higher education institutions in …………. (country where the secondary education was obtained)”.
5. Transcript of Records (for applicants who apply for transferring from one university to the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economic). In this case the applicant does not need to prepare the document specified in point 4).
6. Medical Certificate that is issued by an accredited authority from the applicant’s country no earlier than one month prior to submitting the application documents to the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics.
7. Copy of passport or ID card. Applicants with dual citizenship should also provide copies of their Bulgarian ID card or passport. In case there is a difference between the names on the two ID cards or passports, the applicant must also provide a notary certified declaration of identity (or, alternatively, a certificate issued by the respective municipal authorities) stating that the different names belong to one and the same person.
8. Four (4) photos passport format.
9. Certificate of Bulgarian language command issued by a higher education institution in Bulgaria (for applicants who apply for Bulgarian-taught programmes and who haven’t passed a language and specialised preparatory course).
Documents specified in points 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 must be officially translated into Bulgarian and legalised in accordance with the provisions contained in the intergovernmental agreements between the Republic of Bulgaria and the country in which these documents were issued. If such agreements do not exist, the documents must be validated, translated and legalised according to the standard procedure for legalisation of official papers. For more information, see “Legalisation and certification”.
The admission of non-EU citizens is based on the applicant’s documents. The applicant must meet the following requirement:
The grades in English language plus one optional subject from a predefined course list (Appendix No. 3) on their diploma of completion of secondary education must be higher than 62% of the maximum grade according to the grading scale in the country where secondary school diploma was obtained.
For applicants who apply for English-taught programmes, minimum level B2 according to CEFR standard is required.