Summer School with students from Egypt took place at the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics
Students from Suez Canal University, Ismailia (Egypt) took part in the Summer School in the field of Economics and Business which was organised by the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics from the 1st to 11th of September 2019.
The programme of the Summer School consisted of academic, cultural, and touristic activities in order to familiarise the students with academic and social life in Svishtov and Bulgaria. During the first days of their stay the students were involved in two cultural activities – the Day of Egypt and the Day of Bulgaria. During the these days each of the countries was presented by its traditions and local cuisine. The cultural part of the summer school included a tour of the most important seesights in the town – the Kaleto locality, the port, the museum of the Academy, the house-museum of Aleko Konstantinov and the ancient town of Novae. At the ancient town of Novae, the reenactment group “Legio I Italica” with Assist. Prof. Stefan Stanimirov, Ph.D. and Yordan Marinov made the students empathetic to the early history of Svishtov.
The syllabus of the Summer School included courses from different areas of Economics and Business listed below as follows:
• “Current Trends in Human Resource Management” – Head Assist. Prof. Ivaylo Petrov, Ph.D.;
• “Economic Integration” – Head Assist. Prof. Yordan Neykov, Ph.D.;
• “Money and Currencies” – Head Assist. Prof. Dimitar Kostov, Ph.D.
• “Starting an Entrepreneurial Initiative. An Entrepreneurial Process” – Assoc. Prof. Iskra Panteleeva, Ph.D.;
• “Successful Public Speaking” – Senior lecturer Ventsislav Dikov;
• “Business Communications” – Assoc. Prof. Karina Sarkisyan, Ph.D.;
• “Income Convergence and Sources of Economic Growth in EU Member-States” – Head Assist. Prof. Galin Stefanov, Ph.D.;
• “How Brands Work” – Assoc. Prof. Marusya Smokova, Ph.D.
A lecture on “EU Youth Strategy” was given by representatives from Institute Perspectives – a local NGO partner of D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics – Svishtov.
After the successful completion of the event, each student was awarded a certificate of participation by the Director of the Centre for International Affairs – Assoc. Prof. Marusya Smokova, Ph.D. She also presented the opportunities for admission in the Master’s degree programmes of the Academy.
During the Summer School, the students had a meeting with the Rector of the Academy – Assoc. Prof. Ivan Marchevski, Ph.D. He expressed his delight of continuing the successful cooperation with Suez Canal University, Ismailia.
On the last day of their stay in Bulgaria, the students met H.E. the Ambassador of Arab Republic of Egypt in Sofia. They did not hide their impressions from the Academy and the town. They also indicated their willingness to apply for master’s degree studies in Svishtov.