The Department of Strategic Planning at the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics - Svishtov celebrated its 65th anniversary with a round table
A round table on the topic ‘Planning in the new conditions - real or formal’, dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the Department of Strategic Planning was held on October 14th, 2021 at the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics - Svishtov (Bulgaria). The forum was part of the event calendar for the 85th anniversary of the Academy. The event was innovative for both the department and the Academy, as for the first time it was included in a parallel international scientific event - Scientific and educational forum ‘Innovator-2021’ of the Baranavichy State University in Belarus.
The round table was opened with a brief retrospective of the activities of the Department of Strategic Planning over the past 65 years, presented by its head Assoc. Prof. Evelina Parashkevova, Ph.D. The Rector of the D. A. Tsenov Academy of Economics, Prof. Mariyana Bozhinova, Ph.D., offered her congratulations. With respect to the significant trace left by the founders and the first teachers, taking into account the current achievements and with confidence in the future, she awarded the jubilee department with an honorary plaque of Alma Mater.
The forum was attended by many representatives of universities from Bulgaria and abroad whose research interest is in the field of planning, by practitioners employed in the public, business and non-governmental sectors, lecturers, PhD students, former and current students studying in the specialties ‘Project Management’ and ‘Public Administration’ led by the department.
Dozens of greetings followed, including:
- Prof. Alexander Marinov, Ph.D. - Chairman of the Strategic Council of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Prof. Tatiyana Hubenova-Delisivkova, Ph.D. - Chairman of the Union of Economists in Bulgaria.
- Prof. Marusya Lyubcheva, University ‘Prof. Dr. Asen Zlatarov’ - Burgas, Chairman of the Board of the Black Sea Institute;
- Prof. Eng. Venelin Terziev, D.Sc. - Rakovski National Defence College;
- Prof. Nikolay Arabadzhiyski, Ph.D. - Head of the ‘Public Administration’ section at the Department of Administration and Management of the New Bulgarian University;
- Prof. Teodora Georgieva, Ph.D. - International Business School (former member of the Department of Strategic Planning);
- Prof. Pencho Penchev, D.Sc. - Dean of the Faculty of Economics at the ‘St. Cyril and St. Methodius’ University of Veliko Tarnovo;
- Prof. Valentin Vassilev, Ph.D. - Higher School of Security and Economics - Plovdiv;
- Assoc. Prof. Dobrin Dobrev, Ph.D. - Head of the Department of Administration and Management, University of Economics - Varna;
- Assoc. Prof. Elka Vasileva, Ph.D. - Department of Regional Development, University of National and World Economy (former member of the Department of Strategic Planning);
- Assoc. Prof. Nikolina Grozeva, Ph.D. - Varna Free University ‘Chernorizets Hrabar’;
- Assoc. Prof. Vladimir Klimuk, Ph.D. - First Vice-Rector of the Baranavichy State University, Belarus;
- Prof. Nataliya Strekalova, D.Sc. - Herzen University, St. Petersburg, Russia;
- Assoc. Prof. Olga Andreeva, Ph.D. - Rostov State University of Economics, Russia;
- Prof. Robert Dimitrovski, Ph.D. - MIT University, Skopje, North Macedonia;
- Prof. Boban Stojanović, Ph.D. - University of Niš, Serbia;
- Prof. Baki Koleci, PhD - University ‘Haxhi Zeka’, Peje, Kosovo;
- Pavel Ivanov - Executive Director of the Institute of Public Administration;
- Maria Tsankova - Executive Director of the Association of Danube River Municipalities ‘Danube’;
- Anelia Dimitrova, Ph.D. - Deputy Mayor of Svishtov Municipality.
Prof. Margarita Bogdanova, Ph.D. - Dean of the Faculty of Management and Marketing at the Tsenov Academy and Chairman of the Board of the National Association for Forecasting and Planning, Prof. Andrey Zahariev, Ph.D. - Dean of the Faculty of Finance, and Assoc. Prof. Anastasiya Marcheva, Ph.D. (former member of the Department of Strategic Planning) also offered their congratulations.
The organizers reported that more than 40 congratulatory addresses were received from a wide range of addressees: representatives of universities from Bulgaria and abroad, public administrations, Alumni Clubs ‘Forecasting and Planning’, ‘Public Administration’, and ‘Master - Strategic Planning’, etc. This is considered as an additional proof of the established and developed sustainable partnerships of the department with organizations from practice.
The second part of the round table took the form of presentations and discussion. The presented research studies got the interest of the audience: Prof. Marusya Lyubcheva (University ‘Prof. Dr. Asen Zlatarov’ - Burgas, Chairman of the Board of the Black Sea Institute) for formal and informal planning in the education system, Assoc. Prof. Dobrin Dobrev, Ph.D. (University of Economics - Varna) for crisis and anti-crisis planning, Prof. Margarita Bogdanova, Ph.D. (Tsenov Academy) for development through training of planning specialists, Assoc. Prof. Mihail Chipriyanov, Ph.D. (Tsenov Academy) for modern ICT for planning and the skills to work with them, Prof. Borislav Borisov, D.Sc. (Tsenov Academy) for the challenges facing the planning science and practice with horizon 2030, as well as Assoc. Prof. Evelina Parashkevova, Ph.D. (Tsenov Academy) for the prospects for implementation of the integrated territorial approach to regional planning and the necessary competencies of experts.
A collective monograph study entitled ‘Planning in the new conditions - real or formal’ will enrich the scientific production of the department and will seal the results of the scientific forum.
The Department of Strategic Planning thanks all the participants in the round table (in person and online) and all its partners, supporters and friends from the country and abroad!